2017 Chevy Malibu: Something for Everyone
By: Michael Fossbakk
March 1, 2017
With its style, affordability, safety and tech. features, the 2017 Chevy Malibu checks a lot of boxes for a lot of people. While it won’t blend in with the crowd — the opposite in fact — it’s safe to say there’s something for everyone to enjoy in the Chevy Malibu.
The thing that stands out to most people when they first lay eyes on the 2017 Chevy Malibu is how sleek and stylish it is. Aerodynamically sculpted lines form the sleek look of the Malibu’s body, while available LED daytime running lamps and available LED taillamps will put a twinkle in the eyes of onlookers. So, next time you’re pulling up to the Fox Theatre, why not do it in style?
The Power Enthusiast
Who said you can’t have your suped-up cake and eat it, too, when it comes to power and style? Whoever did clearly had never taken a ride in the new Chevy Malibu. We already know the Malibu has style, but what about power? Well, with 250-horsepower, a 2.0L turbo engine and a nine-speed automatic transmission in the Malibu Premier, you won’t just turn heads with good looks.
The Wannabe Rock Star
We’ve all done it. The music’s loud and you’re jamming out because it feels good. Just like a regular rock star (minus the thousands of screaming fans), you’re feeling good and singing your heart out. Available Chevrolet MyLink1 in the 2017 Chevy Malibu supports Apple CarPlay2 and Android Auto2, which means, whatever you were just jamming out to at home, you can keep jamming out to in your car. What’s better is that with built-in USB ports3 and an available wireless charging station4, your battery life will never leave you (or your thousands of fans) wanting.
The New Driver
Parents, we understand the worry you feel when your child turns 16 and starts to drive on their own. We think we have a couple reasons you can put your mind at ease when they get into a Chevy Malibu. Available low speed forward automatic braking, lane keep assist, a complete airbag system5 and available automatic OnStar6 emergency response contact are just some of the features that will keep your child safe. Teen Driver and its accompanying Report Card feature will give you a detailed report of your teenager’s driving habits, so you can breathe easy while your child starts to brave the road for many years to come.
Snacks: check. GPS: check. Podcasts: check. Gas: uh-oh. If you were driving a Malibu on this road trip, you’d be covered by 27 MPG city/36 highway7 in a 1.5L ECOTEC® engine. Instead, it looks like you’re running on empty. The best part? The Malibu includes technology, like Direct Injection, start/stop technology and Variable Valve Timing that will save you some cash at the pump.
So, whatever walk-of-life you come from or whatever piques your interest in a new car, from great mileage to fantastic safety features, the 2017 Chevy Malibu is definitely one to keep your eye on.
1. MyLink functionality varies by model. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some devices.
2. Vehicle user interfaces are products of Apple and Google and their terms and privacy statements apply. Requires compatible smartphone and data plan rates apply. Apple CarPlay is a trademark of Apple Inc. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
3. Not compatible with all devices.
4. The system wirelessly charges one PMA- or Qi-compatible mobile device. Some devices require an adaptor or back cover. To check for phone or other device compatibility, visit my.chevrolet.com/learn for details.
5. Always use safety belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner’s Manual for more information.
6. Visit onstar.com for details and system limitations. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers. Not all vehicles may transmit all crash data.
7. EPA-estimated 1.5L engine 27 MPG city/36 highway.