VIDEO: Detroit-Based Organizations Help Dogs in Need
By: Metro Detroit Chevy Dealers
January 25, 2016
Winter in Metro Detroit can seem harsh, but for animals who have no shelter during these freezing cold winter months, it is unbearable. That’s where C.H.A.I.N.E.D. Inc. steps in.
The ultimate goal of the organization is to get as many dogs off of chains as possible, and aims to make chained animal’s lives better through owner education, as well as supplies and services like insulated dog houses, straw, spay and neuter assistance, food, treats and toys. C.H.A.I.N.E.D. Inc. co-founder Jim Freemon is currently fighting to enact legislation that bans the use of chains in the city of Detroit and downriver communities.
For more on the organization, check out our video story here:
If you are interested in helping dogs of C.H.A.I.N.E.D. Inc., you can volunteer with the organization or donate to the cause. Additionally, you can purchase an igloo dog house for a dog in need, or sign up for the organization’s Paint and Pour fundraiser event at Rookie’s Banquet Hall in Wyandotte on Saturday, Feb. 20.
Additional Detroit-based dog organizations in the area in need of your help include:
- Last Day Dog Rescue, Livonia, is a nonprofit no-kill organization that provides safety and medical care
- Providing for Paws, Detroit, offers food, spay and neuter assistance, vaccines and medical procedures to animals for families in financial stress
- Waggin’ Tales Dog Rescue, Northville, a nonprofit organization, rescues, rehabilitates fosters and re-homes local dogs in need
- Detroit Dog Rescue, Detroit, is a no-kill dog shelter that advocates for proper pet care education and offers low cost spay and neutering programs
Organizations that provide assistance to all animals include:
- Detroit Animal Welfare Group (D.A.W.G.), Romeo, is a no-kill nonprofit animal rescue that offers food, shelter and medical care to animals of all types
- WAG Animal Rescue, Wyandotte, is a 501c3 nonprofit rescue dedicated to finding homeless pets a forever home
- Michigan Humane Society is an all encompassing organization that provides pet adoption, veterinary services, emergency rescue, humane education and more
The above are just a few local organizations that provide assistance to dogs and animals in need in southeast Michigan. For more information on how you can help C.H.A.I.N.E.D. Inc., visit the official website at http://www.chained2011.org.