Detroit Restaurants Band Together for Motor City Restaurant Week
By: Michael Fossbakk
September 23, 2016
After Detroit Restaurant Week indefinitely postponed its springtime event and no word on whether or not a fall event would happen in its place, Motor City Restaurant Week has taken the reigns and will run for more than a week starting today, September 23, and running through Sunday, October 2.
Several restaurants have come together to make this new event happen, including 24Grille, Andiamo’s Riverfront, Cliff Bells, Mario’s, Traffic Jam & Snug, The Whitney, Prism and the Detroit Free Press/Metro Detroit Chevy Dealers’ new restaurant of the year, Chartreuse Kitchen & Cocktails. Each restaurant is offering a three-course dinner for $35 or less.
With the increased attention and traffic these restaurants would receive during Detroit Restaurant Week and the lack of news regarding DRW’s return this year, it became imperative for the owners of these restaurants to come together and form their own, independent restaurant week.
A few menus have become available online. Here are some items you’ll be able to enjoy at MCRW:
Traffic Jam & Snug:
- 1st Course Options: smoked salmon salad, late summer spinach salad or vegetarian portobello mushroom soup
- 2nd Course Options: shrimp pasta, cornish game hen, beef stroganoff or vegetarian spinach lasagne
- 3rd Course Options: Carlotta chocolatta ice cream cheesecake, ice cream trio or grand marnier blueberry bread & butter pudding
- 1st Course Options: shrimp in love, simple salad, caesar side salad or chef’s soup of the day
- 2nd Course Options: Canadian lobster tail, the tenderloin tower, lake superior whitefish sauté, herb-roasted cornish hen or butternut squash risotto
- 3rd Course Options: white chocolate strawberry torte or a duet of miniature pastries
Motor City Restaurant Week is already shaping up to be a popular event of its own. Saturday reservations (Sep. 4 & Oct. 1) are already full. To make your own reservation at one of the restaurants call 313-832-5700 or visit MCRW’s Facebook page.