Guns & Butter: A “Pure Michigan” Pop-Up Dining Experience
By: Cara Boyer
May 1, 2013
I think it’s safe to say that pop-up restaurants have officially crossed over from “trend” to “craze.” The latest temporary dining experience to grace Metro Detroit with its presence is Guns & Butter.
Chef and owner Craig Lieckfelt has taken his pop-up restaurant far and wide, from Mumbai to New York City, and now, back to his native Michigan.
Guns & Butter: Detroit is a six course tasting menu that will take place for 12 nights at Corktown’s Ponyride, 1401 Vermont, Detroit, beginning on Friday, May 10 and ending on Friday, May 31. There will be two seatings each night, one at 7 p.m. and another at 9 p.m.
For $50 a person, you’ll be treated to Lieckfelt’s specialized Detroit-centric menu. Every single ingredient used in his dishes has been sourced no further than 100 miles away. It doesn’t get more “Pure Michigan” than that, now does it?
I’m sure you’re curious as to what you can expect food-wise, so look no further. Here’s a sneak peak at the menu that will be served on Friday, May 10 and Saturday, May 11:
- First Course: Eggs & Bacon Vol. 2
- Second Course: White Elf Mushroom Soup & Airy Parmesan
- Third Course: MI Shrimp & Burnt Butter Gratin & Demi Dashi
- Fourth Course: Culver Duck & Creamed Brother Nature Spinach & Spiced Jus
- Fifth Course: Zingerman Fromage Franc & Candied Beets & Pistachio Confit
- Sixth Course: Anthology Coffee Pot de Crème
Reservations are required for each seating; so make sure snag one by sending an email to email@example.com to reserve a space for you and your pals. Visit Guns & Butter’s Facebook page for more information, as well as additional menu details for each evening.