You love your furry and non-furry friends every day. But a day where it’s all about your pet is needed. With the demands of the work and family life, your furbaby needs some extra attention. According to nationalcalendar.com “April 11 is National Pet Day. While loving our pets is something we do every day, National Pet Day encourages us to pay special attention to pets who may not get that extra attention.” Here are eight ways to demonstrate your love to your special pet on this holiday.
- Give a Special Treat- Your pets deserves their favorite treat. Maestros Dog Haus carries all the tasty special treats your furry friend loves . Or get creative and make special treats at home!
- Volunteer at an Animal Shelter- Your animal needs special attention, but what about the animals that don’t have a home just yet. Go visit your local animal shelter and show some love to some to the pets there. Donating money or gently used toys will be a great way to show love as well. Detroit Dog Rescue or The Royal Oak Animal Shelter would love your help.
- Plan a Playdate- Call up your best buddy and meet at your favorite park or join a meetup group that meets your pets needs. Canine to Five is perfect for this and you can meet your furry friends in Midtown, Ferndale or New Center area.
- Pet Photos– Set up a photo shoot and to make it creative, you can get in the pictures too!
- Treat your Pet to a Spa (S-paw) day- Everyone likes to be spoiled. Your pet is no different. So spoil your pet in a bath of sweet-smelling pet shampoos and rich, moisturizing conditioners. Try out TLC Pet Spa your furbaby will thank you for it!
- Plan a Paw-ty- Plan a party for your pet and invite over your friends with pets. Get a pet safe cake made with decorations and just go all out! There is never a bad time for a party, especially one to honor your pet. Make sure you have yummy snacks ready for all of your guests human and furry alike.
- A Special New Toy- There is always special toy you say you don’t need to buy. You know the one… that noise maker that your pet loves, but you hate. Go ahead, treat your fuzzball and give in. Cass Corridog might have exactly what you are looking for.
- Give your Pet a little Extra ‘You’ Time– Let your pet snuggle with you on the couch or in bed. Allow for them to get all of the attention they need for the day. Play catch and tug of war with their favorite chew toys. They will love it!