Tomorrow is the Fourth of July, and that means there’s about a 90 percent chance you’ll either be attending a barbecue or throwing one of your own.
If you’re lucky enough to be playing the role of host or hostess, there are a few things you’ll want to consider when it comes to party planning. Keep the following tips and tricks in mind for a successful Independence Day backyard bash:
- Be patriotic! That means deck your backyard out to the nines with red, white and blue everything, from Solo cups to plates to centerpieces to balloons, if you feel so inclined.
- Stock your cooler with a variety of beverage choices, and plenty of them. While PBR may be your favorite thirst quencher, it is not everyone’s. Be sure to have a variety of beer choices for your guests, along with wine and non-alcoholic drinks, for those who choose not to indulge or are under the legal drinking age. Be sure to throw plenty of water bottles in there, too. It’s going to be a scorcher!
- Don’t be shy! If you need help, it’s perfectly reasonable to ask each guest to bring a folding chair or an appetizer to pass. The more food you’ve got, the more people can snack away during the fireworks show!
- Prepare as much as possible in advance. Of course you can’t do everything beforehand, but you can certainly cut up fruit and veggies for your tray, make sure you’ve got enough ice for an army and set up your food stations just the way you want them hours before anyone arrives.
- Keep the menu simple and delicious. You’re providing food for a large group, so make it easy on yourself by keeping recipes unfussy! Burgers and hotdogs (or veggie dogs) are great for the main course, along with a variety of appetizers, sides and a dessert or two to choose from. Speaking of which…
If you’re struggling for last minute recipe inspiration, consider one of the following appetizer, side dish or dessert options for your 4th of July barbecue extravaganza:
Don’t stress throwing your 4th of July barbecue, and most importantly, have fun. Happy Fourth of July!
This is how you Traverse Michigan. With cutting edge technology, tons of cargo space, and advanced safety features, Chevy Traverse is your key to unlocking the mitten state.